The Catalyst

The Fashion Revival

Vonzale+Carson%2C+12%2C+wearing+the+popular+joggers+and+Jordans+while+Elijah+Devine%2C+10%2C+is+rocking+the+well-known+and+trendy+Nike+slides.+
Vonzale Carson, 12, wearing the popular joggers and Jordans while Elijah Devine, 10, is rocking the well-known and trendy Nike slides.

J'Lynne Raines, Staff Writer

Everyone who has a social media account can easily go on Instagram, Snapchat or Twitter and see the latest fashion trends. According to InStyle and Elle Magazine, it is the perfect time to ease out of summer and gather your fall and winter items out of the basement or the back of your closet and mix and match various patterns as well as textures. You can find fashion trends not only on the runway or on different celebrities, you can also find them in school.

At HHS, you can spot several students wearing fall colors such as beige, orange and red – which has been noted by Elle Magazine as being the official fall of 2017. Some of the most popular fashion trends include; athletic wear, shirts with political or quote- like slogans, floral patterns, bomber jackets and chokers. In addition, shoe brands such as; Nike Air Huarache, Timberland, Adidas have been seen everywhere. 

When asked about the various styles and brands that they noticed a lot of in school, Cheyenne Tosqui, 12, said, “I see a lot of jean jackets and brands like Timberland, Adidas, Vans and, of course, Uggs”.

Lately, even young men are wearing Uggs, as the brand is  expanding the line to not only be designed for women but men as well.

Another student, Dontae Love, 10, said “Slides and joggers have become very popular, and a part of students’ daily wardrobe”.  He later said that he likes the fashion  trends that appear around HHS.

Overall, fashion trends come and go, the fashion that appears in the fall and winter time stays consistent. Furthermore, the students at HHS are known for expressing themselves and showcasing new fashion trends as well as bringing some back such as fringe, neon colors, vans and the never failing denim jacket which seems to always make a comeback.

• The Fashion Revival

Top Stories

When Social Media Becomes a Chore

• The Fashion Revival

Top Stories

Why Teach Fish to Climb Trees?

• The Fashion Revival

Opinion

A Seniors’ Feature: The Final Countdown

• The Fashion Revival

A&E

Best Music by the Decades

• The Fashion Revival

Feature

The Growth of Technology

• Feature

Sophomores Sliding

• The Fashion Revival

Feature

The Man Behind Our Principal

• The Fashion Revival

A&E

What are you Watching Your Movies on?

• The Fashion Revival

News

Mr. Cassatta is Leaving Harrison

• The Fashion Revival

Sports

Stealing in China

The news site of Harrison High School.
The Fashion Revival