The Catalyst

Let’s Stay Together

Former President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama

J'Lynne Raines, Staff Writer

We have seen many Presidents as well as First Lady’s come and go, but this dream team is special. They are viewed as a power couple, one that has and will stand the test of time, one that has truly made a difference in our society, one that will be missed.

For many Americans, President Obama was a lifesaver in the sea of confusion and calamity. Even Michelle Obama faced scrutiny because of the way she looked and different initiatives that she formed. Michelle Obama, throughout all of the criticism, stayed elegant and poised. She worked side by side with her husband and created many projects, but the two that stood out and resonated with most Americans were the “Let Girls Learn” and the “Let’s Move” initiative. Through the “Let’s Move” initiative, she wanted to decrease the number of children that suffered from obesity by stating the importance of exercise and healthy eating habits. In addition, the “Let Girls Learn” movement was instituted to help educate and empower young women. As a couple, they have made an impact on many people’s lives, so much so that there have been books written as well as movies made (one of which was entitled ‘Southside with You’) to give an inside look at the couple’s first date. Despite the President serving his two terms then going on vacation preceding his last day in office, he has came back to the United States and went back to work. Early on in May, the dynamic duo made their way to Chicago. There they discussed plans for the future Obama Presidential Center, where they will aide in helping Chicago’s youth find jobs. Regardless, of what is on Obama’s plate, he always finds time to help others.

• Let’s Stay Together

Opinion

A Seniors’ Feature: The Final Countdown

• Let’s Stay Together

A&E

Best Music by the Decades

• Let’s Stay Together

Top Stories

The HHS Wrestling Team Opens New Doors For Students

• Let’s Stay Together

Opinion

More Academic Leniency for Student-Athletes?

• Opinion

The School Decision

• Let’s Stay Together

Feature

Eliminating Stage Fright

• Let’s Stay Together

Opinion

Why Us? (original poetry)

• Let’s Stay Together

Opinion

The “Tea”

• Let’s Stay Together

News

How to Survive Finals

• Feature

Just stand up!

The news site of Harrison High School.
Let’s Stay Together