The news site of Harrison High School.

The Catalyst

Hawks Take Third in First League Meet of the Season

Nick Snell, Staff Writer

FARMINGTON HILLS, MI—The Harrison High School Boys Golf Team placed third in the OAA Blue League Meet Friday, April 28, with a combined score of 384, a 36-stroke improvement over their last 18-hole tournament.

Only West Bloomfield (339) and Royal Oak (352) placed ahead of Harrison, with North Farmington (386), Avondale (408), Ferndale (486), Hazel Park (489), and Southfield (491) trailing the Hawks.

Harrison’s top finisher was Mitchell Krass, 11 with a season best 91 strokes. When asked about his performance, he gave a lot of the credit to the opponents he played with.

“The people that I played with really impacted my game,” Krass said, “Playing with people you like really lets you have a lot more fun.”

Captain Nick Snell, 12, who shot a 94, agreed, adding “The guys in our league are here for the same reason we are: to have fun and get better. When we can joke around with other golfers it sort of eases the tension of competition and lets us enjoy the game.”

Coach Mike Wolschleger was impressed with his team’s performance, praising their improvement made over the past couple weeks. “An improvement of about 40 strokes in a week is pretty remarkable. Our team averaged 96 strokes on a cold, windy day, so I’m personally impressed with our team’s growth and performance.”

Also taking place at Farmington Hills Golf Club was the OAA White League Meet, with Berkley (325) taking first place, Groves (333) taking second, and Stoney Creek (335) sneaking onto the podium in third.

The next OAA League Tournament, which fields the same group of teams, takes place on Friday, May 12 at Pontiac Country Club in Pontiac.

The news site of Harrison High School.